Monday, October 12, 2015

Tinker Lab on Robot Art (Part 1)

Hey guys! Today we're talking about my sixth tinker crate. It is all about robot art. People might not think of technology when they're making art, but artists sometimes use robots to make art.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

A cool thing about robot art, is that you don't have control over the robot and what it creates, it does it's own thing, it's called generative art.
The first project was called "Wind-up toy Painting." I didn't have a wind-up toy, so I went to straight to the blueprint. This is my favorite part of the entire kit. I got to make a drawbot!

Pic 1: The drawbot fully assembled. Awesome!


 I had to connect a motor, but I needed to prep it first by attaching wires to it. After the prepping, I added a gear to the end of a motor. Next, I connected the motor to a battery pack. Then I placed the batteries in the pack. The motor was finished, but I needed to make the bot body next.
 First I had to cut loop fastener and stick it to the white lines on the bot base. The loop fastener is half of a Velcro for the bot. Then I stuck on sticky foam donuts (YUM! Not!) on the donut mark on the bot base. Next, I stuck markers in the donuts with the marker caps under the bot. Last, I put tiny rubber bands around the markers under the bot. With the body done, I needed to connect the motor to the bot body.

First I added a hook fastener to the bottom of the battery pack and motor. Next I put them on the loop fastener on the bot (Pic 1). Last I stuck a piece of clay to the gear at the end of the motor. That helps the bot wobble to make it draw. All I had to do was turn it on and see what happens. Here's a video about the drawbot! ^_^




/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I hope you liked the post. If you did, please like and comment. I will see you in the next post. Bye guys!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, Beanie. Have to make me a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool, Beanie. Have to make me a picture!

    ReplyDelete