Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tinker lab on Polymers Part 2

Hello again guys! Today I'm going to my post on my tinker lab about polymers.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Last thing we left off on was making the super slime and putty, so lets get into the recipe on how to make the bouncy ball.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\



 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Borax Mixture
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I mixed in 3 blue scoops of water and 1 blue scoop of borax.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glue Mixture
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mixed in 1 large scoop of cornstarch with 1 large scoop of glue, 3-6 drops of liquid watercolor and 8 tiny scoops of glow powder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Making the Bouncy Ball
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I added in all the borax mixture into the glue mixture. Then, I stirred the mixture until it formed a blob around the craft stick. Then I squeezed and rolled it until it shaped into a ball. ( It lasts for 2-3 days, it hardens after 3 days.)
 
There is also another recipe called "creepy critters." ( It's the same recipe as the bouncy ball.)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Making the Creepy Critters
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I mixed in the borax mixture and glue mixture with a clean craft stick until it formed a blob on the stick. Then I rolled it and squeezed it a bit. Then I got 2 pipe cleaners and cut them in half. Then, I wrapped them around to make spider legs. (I made 2 sets of spider legs.) Then I took a half of the bouncy ball and wrapped it around the spider legs.( I did the same to the other spider legs.) Then, I let it harden for 2-3 days.

Tessa's spider.
My spider.

 
 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 
My next project was called "magic mud."
 
I had to mix 1 large white scoop of cornstarch in with 1 small blue scoop of water in a bowl with a clean craft stick. It was too much like a liquid and it wasn't like mud. :-(
 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 
I hope you liked this post, part 3 will be coming soon and I see you all next time. BBBYYYEEE!!!
 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment