Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Uplifting Gravity Kit: Part 1

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 Hey again! Today I'll be talking about the gravity game I've made and the project "Rolling Uphill."

THE GRAVITY GAME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the game, I needed.....
- Base piece
- Support pieces
- 2 Locking pieces
- Game board piece
- Sticky felt
- 4 Double stick foam
- Stickers
- Acrylic rods
- Marble

I first made the frame by sliding the support pieces into the slits on the base. Then I line up the felt so the tab on the wider end line up with the wider part of the frame. Sticking two pieces of foam on both sides on the wood, not the felt, I stuck the game board piece onto the foam. Then I labeled the holes with stickers on the game board piece, labeling them 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.  The sticker saying "GRAVITY GAME" went above the 10 points hole. After I added the stickers, I slid the two-hole locking piece through the narrow end of the game. Then I took the other locking piece and slid it into the notch in the other locking piece. To finish off the game, I took the acrylic rods and slid the straight ends through the slit at the wide support piece. Then I put the bent part of the rods into the holes of the first locking piece. TADAAA!

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I put the marble by the marrow end of the game and spread out the rods until the ball starts rolling uphill! If the rods get pushed together at the same time, the ball stays on the rods and it goes up them. The aim of the game is to get 200 points. This is my favorite blueprint!


ROLLING UPHILL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How does the ball roll uphill? The ball is actually going downhill! It may look impossible, but here is a video on how it's possible.



The cone's point is the center of mass. It looks like it's going uphill, but the center of mass isn't! The center of mass is going downhill! I like the gravity game.!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

  I hope you enjoyed the post about gravity. If you did, please like and comment. I'll see you in the next post! Bye guys! <3
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment