Monday, July 11, 2016

Ready, Aim, FIRE!!! : Part 2

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Konichiwa! Today I will be talking about some of my activities I did.

DANCING PUPPET
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This activity has to do with levers. What I needed was....

- Cardboard (I got some from a soda box.)
- Markers (Black, White, Red, Purple.)
- Scissors
- Paper Fasteners
- String/Yarn ( I used thread.)
- Tape
- 4 Pennies

I cut out the shape of what I wanted my puppet to be. The puppet I wanted to make was the Marionette from the game Five Nights at Freddy's. I cut out the shape of the puppets body and head, and decorated it. Then I cut out the arms and legs out separately and colored them in. To make the arms and legs move on the body, I taped a piece of  to the side of the arm that connects the arm to the body. I did the same thing to the other arm and the legs. Taking the 4 pennies, I taped one to the end of each arm and leg. Then I poked a hole in between the string and the penny for each arm and leg. The hole had to be closer to the string than the penny. Then I connected the arms and legs to the body with a paper fastener. To make the puppet dance, I just had to pull the strings.

How does it work? The arms and legs are like a seesaw. AKA a first class lever. The fastener is the balancing point, the penny is the load, and the string is the effort to lift the penny up. Easy!
FLOATING PING-PONG BALL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This project was really simple, all I needed was a hairdryer, and my ping-pong ball. I put my ping-pong ball on the hairdryer and switched it onto normal. There are two things that are making the ping-pong ball float up. It's gravity and the air coming from the hairdryer. Gravity pulls down the ball and the air pushes it up. That's air resistance at it's work. If the pull of gravity and the push of the air are equal, the ball floats!


MARSHMALLOW SHOOTER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shooting a marshmallow? Are you sure that you can shoot a marshmallow? You can! With these items....
- 2 Toilet Paper Rolls
- 2 Rubber Bands (Thin)
- Pencil
- Duct Tape
- Hole Punch
- Scissors

I took my first toilet paper roll, and cut a straight line lengthwise down. Then I overlapped the roll to make it smaller, and taped it together. For the handle of the launcher, I punched two holes aligned in the top of the toilet paper roll, and slid the pencil in. Now that I'm done with the first roll, it's time for the second roll. Taking the scissors and the toilet paper roll, and cut two slits into the top of the roll. I did the same for the opposite side. Then I took the two rubber bands, and put one on each side. Taking tube 1, I slid it into the bottom of tube 2. To complete the launcher, all I had to do was slide the rubber bands on the pencil. I didn't have any marshmallows, but I did have mini ping-pong balls!
All I had to do was load a mini ping-pong ball into the launcher, pull back the pencil, and let go.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I hope you enjoyed the post. If you did, please like and comment. In the next post I'll be unboxing a new tinker crate. Bye! <3
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment